Recently published news in web industry

Grab the widget  Tech Thoughts

Monday, January 28, 2008

Top 10 best comedy movies

John’s Top 10 Best Comedies of All Time

Noises-Off-FunnyFilms are all subjective… there really is no denying that. But what’s even MORE subjective is humor. One joke may make a group of people roll on the floor in hysterics for hours… while other don’t even crack a grin at it. So imagine how much diversity of opinion on Comedy movies there are.

But still… we all have our personal favorites, I’m no different… and lists always make for great discussion starters. So, here is my personal list of the 10 best comedy movies:

1) Noises Off - I know this is an odd one to place in my #1 spot. A lot of people don’t even really like this movie… but I remember back in the early 90’s watching this movie every single day for almost a month and laughing myself stupid every single time. REMARKABLE cast with Michael Caine, Carol Burnett, John Ritter, Christopher Reeve, Nicollette Sheridan, Julie Hagerty, Marilu Henner and a couple of more. The film has terrific timing (key to any comedy), and makes you laugh with JOKES and GAGS instead of stunts. Brilliant movie… highly underappreciated… and I KNOW most of you haven’t seen it yet… so go rent it.

2) Borat - What can I say? I’ve never had a movie make me laugh to the point that I thought I was going to physically be sick.

3) Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Yes, all film and comedy are subjective for sure… but any top comedies list WITHOUT this movie on it is immediately called into suspicion. I heard all about this movie since I was 7… but didn’t finally see it until my Grade 9 year. I will never forget where I was and who i was with when I saw this for the first time. The word “Classic” was made for movies like this. “RUN AWAYYYYY! RUN AWAYYY!!”

4) A Fish Called Wanda - “Oh no! It’s K-K-K-Ken C-C-Coming to K-K-K-Kill me!” oh sweet lord this movie is hilarious. The best John Cleese work outside of Python… and yes I include Faulty Towers in that too.

5) Broadcast News - Holly Hunter, Albert Brooks and William Hurt made this the funniest sophisticated comedy I’ve ever seen. Huge laughs with an actual moral to the story kind of feel to it. I will never forget the scene with Brooks being on air and sweating like a pig. Classic scene. Was nominated for 7 Oscars… not bad for a comedy.

6) Tootsie - One of the best Dustin Hoffman roles EVER, and the very first movie I think I ever saw on the new family VCR! oh the technology! I still remember hearing people debating that Hoffman deserved to be nominated for BOTH Best Actor AND Best Actress that year.

7) Clerks 2 - This one won’t be popular with ANYONE. Non-Kevin Smith fans will hate that I put it here… Kevin Smith fans will hate that I put this one on instead of the original Clerks. But what can I say? This film connected with me in a way very few comedies ever have. It made me laugh, think and feel all in one movie. Everyone needs a spot on their lists for something that is just theirs… this one is mine.

8) Airplane! - Screw those pathetic “Scary Movie” movies and to hell with all those copy cat spawn movies that have come after them. Airplane is the preeminent “spoof” movie. Nothing ever has… and nothing ever will come close to it. “And don’t call me Shirley”.

9) This Is Spinal Tap - Do I really need to say anything? “It goes to 11″

10) Spaceballs - You know, I was having a hard time deciding if I should put this or Office Space in the final spot. But the fact of the matter is that to me, Spaceballs has some of the very funniest 1 liners in film history. To to this day, the funnies single line ever: “Now Lonestar you will see that evil will always tripumph… because good… is DUMB”.

No comments:

Earn money with google adsense

Discover the latest news of Electronic Generation.