Recently published news in web industry

Grab the widget  Tech Thoughts

Monday, January 28, 2008

Top most anticipated movies in 2008

20 Most Anticipated Movies Of The Next Year

I came across a VERY surprising list on Yahoo News (Yahoo changed their list to read “next year” instead of 2008)today that was basically the results of a study done of what movie goers most anticipated films of 2008 are. The #1 film really isn’t surprising at all… Indiana Jones 4. That’s a no brainer. #2 wasn’t all that surprising either, Batman. But a number of them really shocked me.

Before I go any further, here’s the list as it broke down:

1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Obvious)

2. The Dark Knight (Batman Begins 2) (Again, obvious)

3. National Treasure: Book of Secrets (WHAT!?!?! Really?!?! I’m kinda, mildly looking forward to this too… but #3?!?! More than Get Smart? More than Iron Man? More than Narnia?)

4. American Gangster (Glad to see this rank so high, but still a shock. I thought most people still hadn’t really heard of it yet)

5. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (Yeah, right where I thought it would be)

6. Iron Man (Higher than I thought… but not by much)

7. I Am Legend (Will Smith is bankable, no surprise)

8. Get Smart (Really thought this would be higher. Carrell is hot, Get Smart is a beloved title… #8 is good, just thought it would be up there more)

9. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (There are people looking forward to this?)

10. Charlie Wilson’s War (A Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts real life political thriller… you knew it would be on here)

11. Hancock (Again, Smith is bankable… could be fun… sounds a little like a “Captain Amazing” movie)

12. Beowulf (No thank you)

13. His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass (Thought it would be higher)

14. Mamma Mia! (Uggg… no thanks)

15. The Incredible Hulk (Trust me… just trust me… I read the script this week… this movie will ROCK, and when trailer start coming out for this bad boy people will be buzzing)

16. Speed Racer (Don’t care)

17. Step Brothers (Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly together again… but I thought no one heard of it yet)

18. Bee Movie (I’m very surprised this came in this low. The teaser commercials have been cute, it’s the return of Jerry Seinfeld… sort of… why is this movie not getting more love?)

19. Mr. Magnorium’s Wonder Emporium (Meh)

20. Starship Dave (great Odin’s beard… kill it… kill it now)

So there you have it. My personal biggest shock on that list is National Treasure 2 being so damn high on the list. That really caught me off guard. So how about YOU? How would you order these on your anticipation list? What other films coming in 2008 would you include, and which would you bump off to make room for it?

No comments:

Earn money with google adsense

Discover the latest news of Electronic Generation.